The Universal Tailgate Mounted Step - The Step Gate® is the safe and
easy way to get in and out of the bed of your pick-up truck. The design
of the mounting brackets allow for installation on a wide variety of
tailgates on any make or model of pick-up truck. The uniquely designed
handle offers the security and stability allowing one to safely enter
and exit your truck bed. Does not interfere with towing and can be used
in trucks with bed liners and tool boxes. The Step Gate® is reversible
and can be mounted on either side of the tailgate.
Features of the Step Gate®
• Stores out of the way when mounted to the tailgate making loss of
truck bed space minimal.
• Step and handle remove easily and in seconds when the entire bed of
the truck is needed. Brackets stay mounted to the tailgate.
• Very easy to self-install with included drill bit, sheet metal screws
• Very versatile - can be used to help secure long items such as lumber
or pipe or bulky items like propane or water bottles.
• Extremely sturdy - made of 1” square steel tubing with a black powder
coat finish, it has been tested by a 400-pound individual without
• The position of the handle allows one to step down either
Notes on operation
WARNING- Do not operate your truck with the step in the down
position. Always stow the step bracket before moving your vehicle.
The 2-Step Gate® hinged step brackets are secured with a
spring-loaded locking bar. To open the hinged bracket, grasp the
tabs on the locking bar located at the bottom of the step
brackets. Pull the locking bar out of the tube until it clears the
hinged bracket. Swing the hinged bracket into the down position
and let the locking bar return to the resting position in the
upper step bracket tube.
For Information or to Order Call Toll Free 1-877-365-3880